- Small Business Relief Fund Grant - This grant program has been created to help businesses that have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The first round of applications are due on September 11, 2020, with grant funds being made available to small businesses of 50 or fewer employees.
Non-Profit and Agricultural Relief Applications - The Board of Supervisors established the Small Business Grant Program, which assists the COunty's small businesses with covering losses as a result of the pandemic. The eligible uses of the grant program could be applicable to Agricultural operations, Agricultural businesses must continue to address commodity-type losses caused by a loss of customer demand. are due November 19, 2020
- Small Business Assistance Grant - Small businesses in Pittsylvania County, including those located in the Towns of Chatham, Gretna, and Hurt, are eligible to apply for small business assistance grants. As many as 20 Pittsylvania County businesses will receive up to $15,000 to help with rent and mortgage payments, the purchase of personal protection equipment, and retooling to allow for social distancing.
City of Martinsville and Henry County
- Harvest Foundation & Virginia 30 Day Fund Launch $1 Million Small Business Partnership - The Harvest Foundation and the Virginia 30 Day Fund are partnering up to offer a brand new forgivable loan opportunity for small businesses in Martinsville and Henry County called the “Pay it Forward MHC Small Business Relief Fund.”
- Martinsville CARES Small Business Assistance- Grants of up to $5,000 are available to qualifying small businesses located in the City of Martinsville to aid in the recovery from the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic. Aid in the recovery from the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic.
City of Danville
- Cares Rent/Mortgage Assistance - This fund will assist with delinquent mortgage and/or rent for individuals affected by COVID-19.
- Social Services - Utility Assistance - This fund will pay fifty (50) percent of delinquent utility bills for individuals affected by COVID-19
- City of Danville’s Business Utility Grant Program - Will cover 50% of payment due (up to $10,000) of delinquent utility payments for businesses
- Personal Protective Equipment and Services Grant - Payment or reimbursement of up to $2,500 for the purchase of personal protective equipment and services. Qualifying expenses include sanitizing stations, temperature screening equipment, gloves, masks, cleaning services, face shields, cleaning supplies, take-out containers, disposable utensils and menus, touchless POS systems, etc.
- Outdoor Seating, Curbside Pick-Up, and Take-Out Grant - Payment or reimbursement of up to $10,000 for the purchase of items or services to help enhance outdoor seating, curbside pick-up, or take-out options for restaurants. Qualifying expenses include shelters, tents, awnings, furniture, signage, fencing, construction costs, heating lamps, outdoor cooling systems, etc.
- Marketing and eCommerce Grant - Payment or reimbursement of up to $2,500 to be used towards paid marketing efforts and eCommerce upgrades. Qualifying expenses include website development or upgrades, online shopping carts, advertising, design services, promotional materials, etc.
Danville CDBG Rent/Mortgage 0% Loan Program - This program is designed to help businesses who have temporarily closed as a result of COVID-19 and need assistance paying their rent/mortgage\
Dan River Region Entrepreneur Ecosystem - to assist small businesses, sole proprietors, independent contractors, and “gig” workers that are impacted by decline in economic activities due to COVID-19 pandemic. This program closed August 31, and awarded 20 $2,500 grants to businesses in Danville, Pittsylvania County and Caswell County (NC).
- CARES Act Tourism Business Grant Program - Halifax County, through the Halifax IDA, has established a system to award monetary grants to assist tourism-based businesses with costs incurred during the pandemic. These grants are intended to provide immediate financial relief for expenses already incurred by the businesses and are funded through an allocation of the Coronavirus Relief Funds provided through the Federal CARES ACT. Tourism based businesses are defined as retail, hospitality, entertainment, employment and administrative services, or operating within a travel-related sector.
ocessed in the order in which they are received. Grants are being accepted through Oct. 31. For more information, call the Halifax IDA office at 434-572-1734.
- COVID 19 Emergency Loans - Lake Country Development Corporation announces a COVID-19 Emergency Loan program. Please see the flyer and application. Small businesses located in Halifax, Mecklenburg or Brunswick County that were in operation by February 15, 2020 are potentially eligible for a loan.
- South Boston Virginia Small Business Emergency Loan Fund - The Town of South Boston and Destination Downtown South Boston have partnered to form a $250,000 loan pool to support small business needs during this time of economic uncertainty.