The Commonwealth of Virginia and its regional and local partners understand how important labor is to companies moving into or expanding in Virginia.
Through its Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP), the Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) provides services and funding to companies that are creating new jobs or experiencing technological change. This economic development incentive offsets your company’s recruitment and training costs and helps to connect you with all available resources to assist you with your workforce development efforts.
Your partners will include Virginia's educational and vocational institutions, workforce development centers, employment service providers and more.
Southern Virginia offers a variety of state of the art training facilities who work with new and existing industries to customize programs specific to that company's needs.
Regional training facilities include the following:
- Danville Community College
- Center for Advanced Film Manufacturing
- Center for Coatings Application Research and Education
- Haas Center for Integrated Machining
- IT Academy
- New College Institute
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Pittsylvania Career & Technical Center
- Regional Center for Advanced Technical Training (RCATT)
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College
- Virginia Technical Institute
Along with offering customized training for new employers, every year students are graduating from the above institutions with degrees or certificates in many programs such as Welding, Information Systems Technology, Industrial Electronics, HVAC, Precision Machining, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial Maintenance Technology and Advanced Manufacturing Technology.